Sunday 30 December 2012

Waxam - 30 Dec 12

I headed out to the east coast today for a few hours. My first stop was at Repps-with-Bastwick where I found a herd of 17 Bewick's Swans feeding just west of the B1152. I also took a look around the Ludham/Catfield area for any more swans, but there was none to be found.
Then it was out to Waxham to have a look on the sea for the scoter flocks that have been around recently. The Velvet Scoter 'flock' as grown to 9 birds now (still all females). Yet again they generally keep to themselves and don't mix in with the 150 Common Scoter that were offshore today.

9 female Velvet Scoter, Waxham
I had a quick look for the Dartford Warbler, but it was quite windy today with lots of tourists make the most out of the sunny weather, so the bird was nowhere to be seen.

No comments: